Data protection statement of TeCo Technology Consulting Lanz GmbH (short: TeCo Lanz)
TeCo Lanz respects your privacy. We want to make sure that you get the information that matters to you.
This privacy information relates to the processing of personal data ("Data") in connection with you visiting the website www.teco-lanz.com, when TeCo Lanz provides services to you and, in general, when you and TeCo Lanz cooperate in projects.
This Data protection statement provides information about the processing of your personal data by TeCo Lanz.
The term processing covers all operations relating to your data, including collection, storage, use, disclosure, archiving or deletion. When processing data, we comply with the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DSG), the corresponding Implementing Ordinance (DSGV) and other applicable data protection laws (e.g. the European General Data Protection Regulation, DSGVO), where applicable.
Please note that this privacy information does not apply to websites of other providers to which our website may be linked.
What data we storeWhen you use our website and services, we primarily process the data you provide to us that is necessary for use, as well as the information we collect directly (see below). TeCo Lanz collects the following personal data from you for the purposes explained in the next chapter:
• Your name and contact details
• Your company and its address
• The IP address of your access to our web services (The IP address is a unique number assigned to your computer. Typically, this changes for each connection to the Internet. However, it may be that your IP address is fixed, making you identifiable).
• Device type (desktop, tablet, smartphone...) and resolution, browser type, language and version, and operating system.
• URL ("address of the web page") of the previously visited web page (partial)
• Your emails and, if required, minutes of conversations
As a matter of principle, we do not pass on your data to third parties and our employees are subject to a duty of confidentiality. However, with your express consent (in writing or by email), your name and contact details as well as your company and its address may be passed on to third parties (for example, service providers for measurements) for project-specific inquiries.
If you transmit data to us via third parties, we assume that you are authorized to do so and that the data transmitted is correct. We therefore ask you to inform the third parties concerned about the processing of their data by us and to provide them with a copy of this data protection information. If we inform you of an updated version of these documents, please also pass on these new versions.
How we use your data
We use the data for the following purposes:
• To communicate with them: TeCo Lanz uses your name, contact information, and company information to contact you. If necessary, TeCo Lanz will use this information, as well as your emails and call logs, to process your request and then your order.
• To improve the content and quality of our website: TeCo Lanz uses your IP address, browser information, operating system used and device information to measure the call rates and types of individual pages.
• To prevent abuse of our web services: TeCo Lanz uses various systems and log files to detect abnormal activity and prevent abuse using the IP address.
How long we store your data
We store your data only as long as it is necessary for the purposes stated by us or as we are legally or contractually obligated. Data that is no longer necessary for the stated purposes will be deleted by us as part of our regular data maintenance.
What are your rights
You have the following rights under certain circumstances in accordance with applicable data protection law and applicable data protection regulations:
• Right of access: You can request information from us as to whether we process your personal data and, if so, which data this is.
• Right to rectification: - You may request us to correct incorrect data or complete incomplete data.
• Right to erasure: You may request the erasure of your data. However, please note that certain legal requirements or legitimate interests may limit our obligation to delete.
• Right to data portability: - Under certain conditions, you can request that we provide you with the data you have provided in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
• Right to revoke consent: - If the data processing is based on your consent, you can revoke this consent at any time. Please note that the revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the data processing carried out until the revocation.
• Right to object: - You have the right under certain circumstances to object to the processing of your data, in particular for direct marketing or legitimate interest purposes.
• Right of complaint: - If you do not agree with our handling of your data, you have the right to contact our data protection officers or the competent data protection supervisory authority at edoeb.admin.ch.
In general, exercising these rights requires that you are able to prove your identity (e.g., by a copy of identification documents where your identity is not evident otherwise or can be verified in another way). In order to assert these rights, please contact us at the addresses provided. Please note that these rights are
subject to legal requirements and that exceptions and limitations may apply.
How to contact us if you have questions or concerns about data protection
You can contact us at any time in writing or by e-mail at the address below.
TeCo Technology Consulting Lanz GmbH
Contact and data protection officer:
Stefan Lanz, Managing Director, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the technical structure of the Internet as an open network, secure transmission of your data cannot be guaranteed in all cases. If you send your personal data to us, you always do so at your own risk.
To ensure the protection of your transmitted data, we use encryption mechanisms according to the current security standards (Transport Layer Security, TLS).
We take various technical and organizational security precautions to ensure the protection of your data within our system. Nevertheless, we would like to point out that despite these measures, there is a risk of data loss, unauthorized access to or manipulation of the data by third parties. Please also note that certain network sections and your computer are outside our controllable security area. As a user, you are responsible for informing yourself about necessary security precautions and for taking the necessary measures within your sphere of influence. Any liability on our part for damages incurred by you as a result of data loss or manipulation is excluded.
Google MapsWe may integrate map material and services from Google Maps on our website. When using our website in Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA), the map services of Google Ireland Limited (Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) are used and made available. When using our site in another country, the offer of Google LLC (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). The integration of Google Maps on our websites enables us, for example, to show you an interactive map directly on our site, which makes it easier for you to geographically locate an address published by us.
When using Google Maps, your IP address is communicated to Google. Google may link your data to your Google user account if you are logged in at that time. If you do not wish such an association with your Google user account, you have the option to log out of the use of Google Maps in your Google account.
The legal basis for processing your data is based on our legitimate interest in providing you with useful information, facilitating location-based searches and automatically supplementing address data.
You can find more information about Google Maps at the following link:
Data Protection Statement version
This data protection information can be amended by us at any time. The version published here applies in each case.
Last updated 6 September, 2023